Monday, November 29, 2010

Las Cruces Farmer's and Craft Market Day 1

I set up my booth at my local farmer's market this past Saturday. I had a lot of fun and met some wonderful people. I even sold a few pieces and made a little money. Considering that the city only charges $2 to rent your space, it's rather hard to lose money. They hold the market every Wednesday and Saturday year-round. It is outside, but while it can get cold here in southern New Mexico, we stay pretty mild down here in the valley.

Here's some photos of my display. I have a canopy which I didn't  bring-side walls would have been nice, maybe sometime in the near future I can add some.




4 comments:

  1. Of course you had to go and pick one of the coldest mornings of the year to start this adventure! I loved my time at the market and miss is so! I hope it becomes a wonderful, on-going experience for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol!

    It started out cold, but the wind stayed away and the sun was mostly out so it warmed up and turned out to be a beautiful day, much better than a hot summer one! It's just getting through the cold early morning hours....it almost scared me away, but I'm glad I stayed.
    I am shooting for next Saturday too unless it's windy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures, so colorful, found you from the WWJ silversmithing group, check out and follow my blog if you have a moment - www.artbydianne.blogspot.com
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dianne, I am looking you up.

    ReplyDelete